Thursday, April 06, 2006

The finished article


The finished article
Originally uploaded by andomonir.
Well, after about 5 hours of soldering and such, I finally finished it and got a positive self test. Phew!

A couple of pieces of advice - a multimeter is not optional. You'll need it.

The resistor list did not match that for the parts included. I spent about an hour figuring out which resistor was going to *probably* be ok...

I've managed to flash it a couple of times, so I know that works.

Issues:

1. Wonky axle. My dodgy soldering I'm afraid...

2. One wheel did not mesh with it's gear, so I had to superglue it on.

3. The status LED only ever comes on green, when it's meant to be a three coloured affair.

More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home